Guess what!? I found a four leaf clover today! It’s my first one.
Obviously a sign I should go buy my mega-millions ticket right? What in the world would I do with $500 million dollars? Thats half a billion dollars. Crazy.
While I sit and consider all of the incredible trips, dream Pinterest House (we all have one – am I right?), businesses I could start, etc. I’m going to snack on these heavenly shortbread cookies.
Shortbread is one of the few cookies I eat year round, buttery enough for winter and light enough for spring/summer. The bright green color of the pistachios reminds me of Easter and spring plants. The Dark chocolate with the salt from the Pistachios is a killer combo. Definitely give this a try.
PS. I cannot forget to thank Laura of Lauralicious Recipes and Amanda of Thinly Sliced Cucumber for giving me the Liebster Blog Award. Cooking is fun and all, but really it’s the friendly, witty, creative people like you who make blogging fun. Every visit and comment makes my day. Thank you so much, and definitely check out both of these talented ladies.
1 cups butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup Salted Pistachios, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Cream Butter and Brown Sugar together. Slowly add flour, until dough comes together.
3. Butter/Grease a 9×9 glass baking dish and spread dough out evenly. Take a fork and prick across the cookie dough.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool.
5. In a pyrex, microwave the Semi-sweet chocolate chips for 30 second intervals, stirring between each time, until melted. (Should only take 2 times)
6. Cut the shortbread into short sticks, dip one end in the chocolate and sprinkle with or roll in the chopped pistachios.