Busy Week!

I took a bit of a blogging break last week, but now I’m back in action.  Life right now is a whirlwind of moving, packing, and getting ready for my husband to come home for good!  You can see my guy mailed me our entire spice pantry.  The movers won’t take it from Guam…apparently spices don’t clear customs and you know I wasn’t going to leave that behind.  My two little sacks of Fiji Sugar, on the left box there, are my absolute treasures.  (Speaking of spices…I had a great trip to Penzey’s this week, more on that later)

And tomorrow I’m running my second Half Marathon!!  I didn’t train as hard for this one so I’m doing it more for fun.  Yes, I think running 13.1 miles is fun.

Peyton, a great Guam friend of mine, writes about her adventures in local, island eating for the Guam Guide.  She seriously finds the COOLEST things about Guam and really embraces the new culture that I’m going to miss so much.  You never know when you will meet a locksmith who also happens to be a Bee Keeper who sells local honey!  She recently tried out my Roasted Eggplant with Honey recipe with a Guam twist, read about it here!

A few months ago I wrote a very vague post (read it here) about being featured in a magazine.  I was so excited and a little hesitant about how to share it.  It was something that was so important to me, but didn’t think it was a big deal to anyone else.  Then I decided okay, that’s just dumb.  I don’t care if it was a few months ago, I’m still so stoked about it.  I was featured in Fitness Magazine’s February’s I Did It! section.  Read More Here!!!

So that’s a little bit of what’s going on over here.  Hope everyone had a great weekend!  I promise to be back with comments, posts, and some fun stuff this week.

Comments

1. says

So cool that you were in a magazine like that! I love it!

Also, we lucked out and our movers shipped our spices for us. And also four cases of Assam tea… Thank goodness too because I don’t think Ben would have been as patient as Chris and packed/mailed it to me!

2. says

I love that you mailed the spices! We have to send Katie things all the time. Excellent idea! jealous of Penzey’s. never actually been in the store. Which is probably good, because I would clear out my bank account.

3. says

Wow it all sounds amazing! Awesome that your article was published in Fitness magazine. Awesome that your running a half marathon for fun lol. My dads a marathon runner and I’m not sure where fun comes in but he shares your mentality. Good luck with the rest of the move.

4. says

Good luck with both the moving and the marathon my friend – you certainly are very busy :D
    And so awesome you were in a magazine :)

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

5. says

yayyyy moving!! smart call on mailing the spices… that’s one thing i wont miss about the military life – buying all the “basics” every time you move!! ;) congrats on the magazine article !! you’re such a star!!

6. says

Wow, congrats on your magazine feature and I admire that you can run a half marathon “just for fun”! If I can run a few miles I’m happy! Good luck on your move and I hope the half marathon was indeed enjoyable. :)

7. says

Uncovered your article extremely fascinating certainly. I truly really enjoyed studying it and you simply make very some excellent details. I will bookmark this web site with the long run! Relly great report.