High-freaking-five…I made a food vlog! It was so.much.fun. Who knew?!
Mashed potatoes baked in a doughnut pan…yes…mashed potato rings, amazing. They were really good and a fun twist on the kind of boring potato…sorry potatoes, you know it’s true.
We salvaged our weekend after the great Watson debacle by decompressing at the beach (and scaring away other beachers…woops…), watching football – the hubs killed me in fantasy this week, ugh I’ll never hear the end of it…
so I got him back by maaaybe putting him in the video hehehe, and I got to work on these potatoes.
You will love them, I promise.
Mashed Potato Rings
Inspired by Spoon Fork Bacon
(Makes 10 rings)
5 Gold Potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 teaspoons Garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons Onion, minced
1-2 Tablespoons Parmesan, grated and/or crumbled
2 Tablespoon Milk
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
Zip lock bag or piping bag
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Fill a large pot with water, about halfway up the pot, set over high heat to bring to a boil. Peel and chop the potatoes, add to the boiling water and cook until fork tender.
2. Chop the onion and garlic. Grate the cheese. Once the potatoes are done, drain the water and add the potatoes to a mixing bowl.
3. Start to whip the potatoes on medium speed adding in the butter first, then the onions, garlic, parmesan, salt and pepper, and finally the milk. Turn the speed up high and whip for a minute until fluffy.
4. Spray the donut pan with cooking spray and set aside. Spoon the potatoes into a piping bag or ziplock bag with the end cut off. Pipe two rings in each cup and lightly press down to push together.
5. Bake for 25 minutes. To get them out of the pan you can try tilting it to get them to fall out or gently encourage them out with a fork.