I have my Hello Kitty highlighters ready! I am back in school for Graphic Design, and the guy is getting his Master’s, so we’re in study mode even though the 90 degree days here in Florida still feel like Summer. I can’t begin tell you how excited I am about this program. I already finished my first assignment in my HTML coding class, which intimidates me so.much. I had to code a document and then submit it to an online verification program (all of this is new to me!) and then a little thing (very technical term right there ) lights up green if you did it right or red if you made mistakes.
It was all green! High fives all around.
So now I’m all like, bring it on HTML! I will code ALL THE THINGS.
This dinner is inspired from one of our favorite quick date night restaurants. It’s a little deli where we can get a table for two outside under string lights and our check is usually under $20. And just so happens they make an awesome pesto pasta salad. So I thought I’d put my spin on it with a little kale. You honestly don’t taste the kale at all, maybe a little earthy flavor but that’s it! And the mint just adds a little brightness without a strong minty flavor. It’s quick, easy and healthy…we like those words around here.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh kale
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 mint leaves
- 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons pine nuts
- Salt and Pepper to taste (1/2 teaspoon each maybe)
- 20 oz package of tortellini, cooked and drained
- handfull of grape tomatoes, halved
- Parmesan for topping
- Add all of the ingredients for the pesto (kale, garlic, basil, mint, olive oil and pine nuts) into a food processor and puree until smooth. Add salt and pepper, mix and taste for seasoning.
- Prepare the tortellini according to the package and slice the tomatoes in half.
- In a large bowl add the cooked and drained pasta and tomatoes. With a large spoon, mix in the pesto until evenly coating all of the pasta. Sprinkle with a little parmesan and enjoy!